/* ------- Feeds by FeedBurner----------*/ /* -------- ---------- ----------*/
(Skip the navigation)

What? Another New Browser?

Friday, September 01, 2006

Yes, as if there wasn't enough browsers out there for us web developers to test our sites in along comes another. This isn't a browser though it's a Browzar.

Is it any good?

No idea because I haven't tried it yet but it's unique in as much as it claims that no visible trace of your browsing or searching is left on your computer. So basically if you are you using Browsar as your browser you might as well wear a T-Shirt that says, "I search for dodgy stuff on my computer".

Still, each to his own as they say.

UPDATE!

I've still not tried it nor perhaps will I ever. Browzar has been slated by security experts and branded as "Adware" since its release.

See BBC Technology report.
See The Registers report.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure the testing will be that much of a problem as its basically built on top of the IE browser (which I’m sure you already test), I wonder if its compatible with IE7?

I can't see it becoming popular enough to test for at the moment, the competition for browsers is pretty fierce and a late comer like this is unlikely to have much of an impact within the market. Having said that, it’s definitely something to keep an eye on.

2:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home