/* ------- Feeds by FeedBurner----------*/ /* -------- ---------- ----------*/
(Skip the navigation)

Word Verification

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Just a quick one because this is something I've needed to get off my chest for a while now.

WORD VERIFICATION DRIVES ME MAD!

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of the reasons for it and agree there needs to be something but probably 9 out of 10 times I use one I haven't got a clue what the stupid warped letters are supposed to be. Are they uppercase and lowercase or all lowercase, is that L an I or what?

To be fair the blogger ones have improved but there are still some real stinkers out there. I struggle and I work with graphics and fonts all day long so how does someone with dyslexia get on for example?

Surely there must be a better way?

I'm wondering whether an animated gif might be a better option? Where the letters are all very clear and obvious and come one after the other in sequence and then you're asked to type the word.

Like this for example:




Obviously it wouldn't be set to just continually repeat like above and a play button would be required to start the sequence but at least you can read the letters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home