/* ------- Feeds by FeedBurner----------*/ /* -------- ---------- ----------*/
(Skip the navigation)

Blogger Comments Contain the No Follow Tag

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I've discovered this morning that links added to comments made on blogger automatically get given the No Follow tag rendering them useless with regards to increasing link popularity with search engines.

Where have I been?

Well it wasn't until recently that I turned on the "highlight no follow tags" option in the excellent Search Status extension for Firefox and then only this morning that I spotted it.

According to the Google Blog they introduced this in January last year and it seems that any blog related software has been using it ever since. The reason is to stop blog spam and I'm sure it works but a potential SEM technique has been lost which is sad because if it had been used properly it could have had good effect.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Clouting said...

I thought they'd find a way around it!

I'm using coComment to track, store and share my comments and some believe that you'll soon be able to search for them.

The NoFollow tag doesn't stop human click through though so its not a total waste of time.

10:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

2:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

2:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

3:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home