/* ------- Feeds by FeedBurner----------*/ /* -------- ---------- ----------*/
(Skip the navigation)

My Top 5 Essential Free Internet Software

Saturday, April 02, 2005

One of the first things that amazed me when I started to use the Internet was the amount of free software utilities and services available. I'm not talking about Warez or software hacks etc, I'm talking about genuine Free software that I've found essential over the years.

  1. Firefox - There's no better browser in my opinion. It's way more advanced than IE, it's faster, easier to use and it's free.
  2. Thunderbird - It's the Mozilla/Firefox email client that yet again is the best in the field in my opinion and yes it's also free!
  3. AVG Anti Virus - I remember back to when XP first hit the market. There was an explosion of new viruses and I was working for an ISP at the time. None of the paid for Anti Virus software worked on XP for quite a while so ALL of us resorted to the Free version of Grisofts marvelous Anti Virus Software and I believe a lot of us are still using it. YOU NEED THIS!
  4. Winamp - Well it really kicks the Lamas Ass. Still the best Free media player in my opinion.
  5. Ad Aware - Finds and removes all those nasty bits of Spyware that infect your PC. Nuff said!
I'm not going to do a big sell on any of these but more fool you if you haven't got these free bits of software installed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home