/* ------- Feeds by FeedBurner----------*/ /* -------- ---------- ----------*/
(Skip the navigation)
Blog Related Info

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Subscribe in Rojo

Add Virtuaffinity Work to Newsburst from CNET News.com

Add to Google

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in FeedLounge

Add to netvibes

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add Virtuaffinity Work to ODEO

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Blog Search Engine

Blog Directory & Search engine

bloguniverse.com

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Blog Promotion

Monday, March 21, 2005

Build it and they will come.......

Of course that's not strictly true, particularly when it comes to web site builds. You can spend hours creating a wonderfully usable and beautiful web site that is jam packed with great content, but what's the point if nobody knows that it is there? The same is true of blogs of course and today I spent a couple of hours submitting to blog directories in a bid to drive some traffic this way.

First off I went back and repeated the initial ground I'd covered whilst promoting my previous blog. Thankfully I'd blogged exactly what I did in my, "Driving traffic to a blog" entry. I've also followed the excellent basics covered by blogger on blog promotion.

Secondly I've submitted to all the working directories suggested on the blogsubmission.com website.

Finally I've added stat tracking to the blog using the excellent and Free StatCounter. After all there's little point having traffic if you can't see where it's coming from and how much there is.

So that explains all the pretty little graphic links on the right hand side of the blog. They all require/prefer a link back to their sites which is fair enough as they're all free ways of promoting your own blog/site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home