/* ------- Feeds by FeedBurner----------*/ /* -------- ---------- ----------*/
(Skip the navigation)

Creative Resources

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Over the next few days I'm going to post about some of the sites that I find particularly useful from a creative point of view. There are thousands of sites out there packed with all the information and resources a creative might need. Most have active communities that contribute toward content and resources and a healthy amount of selfless idea sharing, which is what the Internet in my mind is all about.

Zen Garden
The Beauty of CSS Design

When I took my first steps towards leaving table based web design behind, as with most young CSS disciples I stumbled into the Zen Garden. Confused, angered and lost by the new method of CSS design I was about to turn my back on CSS and return to the table based dark path. What I saw at Zen Garden however opened my eyes. For the first time I could see.

Zen Garden is more a creative inspiration than a resource. It's a teaching that web design can be beautiful as well as functional and that CSS allows us to break out of the box that table based design imprisoned us.

It was over a year ago now that I first wondered into the garden and I still strive to accomplish the level of polished design I see there. My CSS has improved considerably thanks to other resources I'll mention in later posts and I'm hoping that this year I will have my own CSS flower in the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home